Easy exits for bootstrappers, self-funded companies, and profitability-focused founders.
Mudbrick Capital is a micro private equity firm using permanent capital to buy digital businesses that we hold with no intention of selling.
We buy, own & operate profitable digital businesses & assets:
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Apps & Web Apps
- Online Courses
- Membership Sites
- & more
Sell us your “Baby” knowing it’s going to a good home or sell us your Side Project to free up more time and spare cash.
- AUD/SGD $100,000 – $1,000,000 p.a. in Seller Discretionary Earnings
- Privately owned and closely held
- Productised & scalable (not a consultancy or agency)
- Digital assets, services or consumable downloads only (no physical products or Amazon FBA)
- A willingness to sell 51 – 100% equity to a new owner who will continue to nurture your business and your team
What to expect when interacting with us:
- We’re entrepreneurs working with entrepreneurs. We get it and speak your language.
- We make it easy and low fuss
- We move fast and communicate clearly, including a “fast no” if it’s not for us.
- We will connect you to others more appropriate if you’re not the right fit for us
- We’re human. We won’t bore you with VC, PE, financial engineering jargon.
- We pay reasonable and fair prices based on net profit. If you’re looking for crazy multiples based on “potential”, we recommend you pursue the VC path.
What’s in a name?
Mudbrick Capital is stewarded by husband and wife team Mike & Claire Boyd. It began as the private holding company for various Boyd family interests before morphing into a more professional investment company.
The name Mudbrick is inspired by where our journey formally began together the day Mike proposed to Claire at Mudbrick Vineyard* on Waiheke Island, New Zealand. Our diamond shaped logo represents the lifelong partnership that was formed that day and reminds us to remain focused on the very long term.
*Note we have no affiliation with Mudbrick Vineyard although we are great fans of their Pinot Noir.
We’re Australian’s, based in Singapore with investment exposure across the USA, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore & Australia. We live and work in the Asia Pacific region yet hold interests globally. The internet has democratised geography so we look at opportunities anywhere in the world provided they’re in English.
We’re not currently taking outside investment. We invest our own permanent capital into each business we purchase. We may open up limited opportunities in the future for equity partners or senior debt providers should more capital be required for larger deals. To express interest in future opportunities, please drop us a line.